Below are some tips on successfully downloading very large files from the NDR.
- We recommend Chrome when using the NDR, this is especially important when downloading large files
- In Chrome ensure you have enabled ndr.nstauthority.co.uk to download multiple files from your browser settings. (Settings -> Privacy and security -> Site Settings -> expand additional permissions -> Automatic downloads).
- We recommend that a default download folder is selected, rather than the "ask where to save each filed before downloading" option.
- Ensure your destination folder has enough space for the download. For example, the SNS Megamerge will need in the region of 1.2TB of space to download the 875GB of data
- Chrome needs enough space for its own working data cache, but if the drive that your browser runs from is very full then you may get issues with it running out of space.
- Do you have a sufficiently good internet connection to download the data you are interested in?
- Don't let your computer go to sleep.
My download has stopped/failed
If your download stops/fails, do not close the window you are working in, simply restart the download and it should continue from where it left off.
You must not delete the download from "your downloads" if you do, and you add it from your session basket again, you will use your company data allowance, a second time for the same file.
Some very large files will be spilt into smaller instalments by the system for download, these are usually 50gb each.
If you are still experiencing problems after doing all of this, then please contact the support desk.